Updated Story: Warner Brothers has confirmed the collector's edition set for Batman: Arkham City. The price will be $99 and it will be available on October 18, 2011 for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. Here's a list of the official contents and an image of the collection.
· Custom Batman statue produced by Kotobukiya
· Collectible art book
· Early access to the Iceberg Lounge Challenge Map and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns skin
· Batman: Arkham City album from WaterTower Music including original songs by hit artists, available via digital redemption
· Bonus DC Universe animated original movie, Batman: Gotham Knight
· Four collectible cards
Original Story: Whoops. Thanks to a few antsy retailers such as GameStop and Best Buy, the contents of the Batman: Arkham City collector’s edition have been leaked ahead of an official announcement from Warner Brothers.
The listings have since disappeared from both retailer websites, but the internet moves quickly, spreading the news to the vast corners of the world in a flash. As listed on the websites, the Batman: Arkham City collector’s edition will cost you $99 and will include these sweet items:
- Premium statue produced by Kotobukiya
- Art book
- Exclusive access to DLC before anyone else
- Gotham Knight animated content
You might notice the lack of a life-size batarang this time out. It seems Warner Bros. and Rocksteady realized that wasn’t such a great idea with Batman: Arkham Asylum. This time we get a statue that is less a weapon and more a mantle piece. Unfortunately, because this was a leak and not an official announcement, we don’t yet have a picture of what the statue looks like. But we’re going to go out on a limb and say it probably looks pretty badass.
The collector’s edition for Batman: Arkham City will be available on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, we believe. Expect more on the Batman: Arkham City collector’s edition when it becomes available.