Counter-Strike: Global Offensive was the recipient of a fairly substantial update today. While its small list of fixes have helped in Valve’s ongoing quest to balance the game, its major map update has become a major topic item of the game’s growing community.
De_cobblestone has been fully upgraded. Its main layout has remained largely the same, but new obstacles and objects have helped to balance what has remained one of the most Counter-Terrorist sided maps in CS: GO‘s library.
It makes sense that Valve has updated the map following the uneventful round 3 match during the MLG X-Games Championship in Aspen, where LDLC and NiP faced off for a large prize pool. The two matches that came before it were a fun watch, but de_cobblestone fell short of being the epic final match that viewers were hoping for.
You can find the patch notes for the update below, as well as a link to screenshots of the updated de_cobblestone.
- Reduced latency of voice audio.
- Community servers now can show viewer counts when players are streaming their match.
- Fixed regression in Deathmatch Bonus mission evaluation.
- Fixed a Deathmatch exploit where players could maliciously cause the server to run out of entities.
- Fixed buymenu’s Accurate Range weapon stats being computed incorrectly.
- Fixed AWP viewmodel rendering when zoomed.
- Added flavor text to Arms Deal Case 1 and fixed typos in previous flavor text.
- Positional sounds spatialize to within 15 inches of the player and no longer “spread” to stereo when nearby.
- Major changes to Cobblestone
- Made bombsite A courtyard smaller
- Removed spiral stairs at back of bombsite A
- Pushed forward side-balcony at bombsite A, making it easier to check corners before jumping down
- Added a static door to entrance to connector from bombsite A
- Shortened battlement in long A, making it easier to check
- Raised wall around bombsite A slightly, to give some cover when out in the open
- Added additional cover in bombsite A
- Removed balcony at CT side of long A
- Added an additional chest-height wall at A ramp
- Removed large boulders in A site
- Made bombsite B courtyard smaller
- Rerouted T main entrance to bombsite B
- Made it easier to throw grenades into B site from a safe position as T
- Added some cover on T platform in bombsite B
- Moved bombsite B more to the middle of the courtyard
- Flattened ground at bombsite B
- Removed back of B area
- Hut at back of B can now be shot through
- Added a static door to entrance to bombsite B from connector
- Removed stairs and overpass route from dropdown room
- Widened upper dropdown passage
- Added a ramp to dropdown to make it easier to peek into lower
- Players can now jump up via flowerbed in connector to get into dropdown room
- Removed walls in T tunnels
- Removed CT sniper room
- Added a static door to CT side of water room
- Tweaked layout of water room slightly
- Removed double window room near T spawn
- Moved T spawns forward a bit
- Added a direct ladder to T sniper tower
- Various optimizations
- Increased player visibility
- Fixed a bug where very few chickens were spawned
Reddit user ashzx has been kind enough to upload dozens of images of the updated de_cobblestone. You can see the images on imgur.