When it comes to upcoming JRPGs, there is no game with more warranted hype than Atlus’ Persona 5. It will be the first current-gen iteration of what has been a consistently outstanding franchise. But you may be surprised to learn that all of its hype has been built without anyone seeing a lick of gameplay. Today, that changes.
Persona 5’s first real trailer has made a debut, and it’s a good one. Standing at nearly three minutes in length, the trailer features a mixture of story cutscenes and gameplay, including hints of new features for the franchise. You can see it above.
A few things we’ve learned from the trailer:
- There will be a playable cat character.
- Combat appears to be more action RPG oriented.
- There’s a cover system of sorts.
- “Stealth” is back.
- Environments feature many more characters on-screen than previous iterations.
- The game’s menus are incredibly stylish.
- There will be clothing swaps for characters judging by a menu element in the trailer.
Watch the trailer and let us know what you think in the comments below.
Also See: Most Anticipated Video Games of 2015
Persona 5 will debut later in 2015 for PS4 and PS3. Also, you can check out the official site, which has been updated post-release of this trailer.